- AR500 Steel Targets | Best Quality, Unbeatable Price
Quality Steel Targets for Everyone
- AR stands for Abrasion Resistant.
- 500 is the Brinell hardness of the steel. The Brinell scale ranks the hardness of material as it resists penetration of a carbide steel ball. A square inch of AR500 steel can withstand roughly 110 tons of pressure.
- Aluminum is about 15 on the Brinell scale. Copper is about 35 and mild steel is about 120.
- T1, another commonly used steel, is about 350 on the Brinell scale.
- AR500 steel ranges from 3/16” to 2” thick. Most AR500 targets are 3/8” thick. Heavy rounds of rifle ammunition may require up to ½” thick AR500 steel, depending on the distance.
What are the Advantages of Steel Targets?
- Instant Feedback: Steel targets give you both visual confirmation and the satisfaction of hearing the ring when you hit the target. Hearing and seeing a successful hit improves your skills, and enhances accuracy and speed.
- Durability: AR500 targets are super durable, so you’ll get years of fun, satisfaction and enjoyment out of every target. Most of our targets are bolted for strength and are reversible, so you get twice as much use, for thousands of rounds of target practice.
- Safety: Hitting a steel target and making it move takes much of the bullet’s energy.
- More Fun: Target shooting is more satisfying and fun when you can see targets spin or fall, which leads to a better experience for shooters of every skill level.
Who Uses Steel Targets?
Shooting steel is one of the most enjoyable and effective target shooting experiences. Steel targets have been enthusiastically embraced by:
- National shooting clubs: IDPA, IPSC, GSSF, USPSA
- U.S. Government and military personnel
- Local, state and federal law enforcement personnel
- Shooting ranges across the across the nation